Thursday 28 March 2019

The First Moth of Spring (more or less)

Early Grey, Xylocampa areola
Monday night - the Captain was watching a very important match on the telly, in which One Team was  playing Another Team at Something - when suddenly play stopped, and the shrieks of  'GET YOUR SPECS ON REF!!' were replaced with shrieks of "Its a MOTH!" .

I was trying to imagine how a moth on the pitch had stopped play, when the Captain, our stepladder and camera sped past me and disappeared onto the balcony at the speed of light.

It was half time. And moth time.
Double-striped Pug, Gymnoscelis rufifasciata
What exquisite things moths are.  We had some beautiful mothy visitors on our balcony last summer, so maybe we will this year too.  Jehovah - and Jesus, working beside him as the "master worker" of Proverbs - put such artistry and engineering into even the tiniest of micro moths.

Tuesday morning was The Dentist - check up and clean - only when I got there it was "Hold the clean" - his machinery was broken - so I have had to book that in for April. Which should make for another stunning blog when the time comes.  I had to have one tiny filling - drilling but no pain-killing injection required.   Not nice, but not painful.

Captain Moth and Neil went to Mill Hill Tuesday evening - and came back with more moth photos.  So Moth Season is well underway. There are so many of them.  The earth is full of interest.

And he left very early Wednesday morning, to meet Mark, for butterfly purposes.  In Dorset!   A long journey for us Brits.  Its a small country.  I put an extra cake in his lunch box - I had two left of Mark's favourite - marmalade muffins. And one job for today is to make another batch of cake for the freezer. It will be carrot cake this time.  And then hopefully I will be shopping, getting on with my studying, visiting Maggie, and DOING SOME HOUSEWORK... and publishing this blog once the Captain has not yet had time to add some of his lovely mothy pictures.

In the meantime, I am about to make lunch. The carrot cake is in the oven, the shopping is done, the packed lunch is done, and I have had a long chat with Lilian on the phone. I am trying to encourage her to attend the Special talk on Sunday 14th.  She very much needs to hear it at the moment.

Mind you, so does everyone in the world. And I hope millions will.

And I am now exhausted...  my energy level is so low I feel as if I am running on empty. No housework done as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment