Wednesday 20 March 2019

Spring has Sprung (almost)

Wood Violet and Primrose
I will start this blog by saying hello to Robert, Naomi and family, brothers and sisters in the Christian congregation,  who live on the beautiful Cape of South Africa.  Robert, I was so happy to hear that you were enjoying my blog!

I have only been to Africa once - and that was to South Africa, eleven years ago now.  We went to a friend's wedding in Jo'burg - and then on to the beautiful Cape to stay with friends.  What a lovely place it is.

We visited a small game reserve while we were there, and saw a hippo family  - mother, father and baby.  The baby decided it wanted a feed, mum obliged, and dad instantly got protective and warned us off.  Our guide reversed us quickly out of there.   But what a good protective husband and father that rhino was.   Mother and baby are very vulnerable when feeding.

And what lovely innocent faces rhinos have. Like Moomintrolls.   And how heartbreaking the suffering of animals is. They are all so innocent in this.  Thank God there is a rescue for all the earthly creation on the way. 

Now then, what happened on Tuesday... ?    Yes, Jean and I managed a good hour on the door to door work, plus we got a call of Jean's done.   I did my walk in the afternoon... and made us tea - baked potatoes and salad for the Captain - salad with soya for me (it was rather horrid and I won't have it again- the baked potato was fine, but forbidden now I am diabetic).

The Captain has been out and about, photographing the signs of Spring.  See photo above.

The sandwich fairy keeps visiting the fridge - and the boxes of sandwiches keep disappearing full and reappearing empty. So clearly we are both still living here.

We had a walk by the river this afternoon - Col with camera in case the Harbour seal might show its face. It didn't.  But it reminded me of my first trip to Half Moon Bay, in Saudi Arabia, many many years ago - 30 plus years ago I guess - and as I looked out over the Gulf this little seal-face popped up out of the water, had a look at me, and disappeared.  It wasn't until some time later that I realised it could not have been seal, but must have been a dugong.


No comments:

Post a Comment