Monday 26 February 2018

The Vest from the West

It seems we will need to get into our thermal vests as a weather phenomenon being called "the Beast from the East" is due to hit us today, bringing a touch of Siberia with it.

I was the householder for the first talk on Thursday night - we had practised the day before - and it all seemed to go smoothly.  Its only 2 mins and under, but we still want to get it right.

Jean and I went out on Friday morning - in another chapter of the "I Drove to Angmering" epic.  I wasn't able to take her to the group on Saturday morning.  I had yet more medical stuff -  my Optician was having a drop in clinic, and I am having great difficulty flying my new ears.  He was very kind about it, patiently took me through it yet again, this time with Captain B in attendance taking notes.


Saturday night was a trip into the East Sussex wilderness - to dinner at Sarah's with the Corfu team.  We drove down miles of winding lanes lined with Arthur Rackham trees and finally got to Sarah's cottage, perched high on the Downs with what must be quite a view.  It was dark when we arrived.   A very nice evening among the Naturalists - with lovely food (Cassoulet and apple & blackberry crumble) - and loads of friendly dogs who all piled on top of me when I sat on the Couch. I was on stroking duty for most of the evening. 

Some more Butterfly Memberships arrived and I did them Sunday afternoon.

And John and Linda called by Sunday evening!  We haven't seen them since last year.   But they came with sad news that Linda's mother has died - after a prolonged illness.  She will be a notable absence at their wedding this Autumn - which will be a big "do", in a castle.

So that is two big weddings this year...  hope we get to both.

Had a long chat with Bea who rang to say she has gone down with this awful fluey-cold thing that seems to be devastating the country. 


No comments:

Post a Comment