Wednesday 28 February 2018

The Beast Arrives

East Beach Café
We woke up to a white world Tuesday morning - not deep snow, but enough to cover everything beautifully. And apparently as the week goes on there will be a lot more to come.  Jean and I couldn't go out - the risk of slipping and falling being too high.  But Captain Butterfly decided to take me to the Arun View for lunch - a door to door service, no snowy steps. He needed an outing and he clearly felt that I did too
dog walker
We had fish and chips - and watched the black-backed gulls on the river.   There was quite a lot going on. Spring is coming, but the weather is warning that its not yet time to get those nests filled.
stone seats and pier
Odd weather.  Heavy snow falling in the morning - blue skies and some sunshine in the afternoon causing a bit of a thaw.  But it was still very cold - there were icicles - and Jacks rang up to say how cold she was feeling, despite central heating, woollies, etc. 

I sent Richard the details of my books, as promised. And I got the card ready for Linda.

The Beast from the East has left a sprinkling of white over everything in the night, but no snow this morning.  It is a beautiful Beast I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment