Monday 4 March 2024

A Lion or a Lamb?




Did March come in like a lion or a lamb?  It was hard to tell on Friday - raining hard one minute, then sunny, then quite windy with waves on the Channel.  Then it was sunny again. So I don't know how to apply this bit of folk wisdom: When March comes in like a lamb, it goes out like a lion - and vice versa. 

Friday was a trip to the Audiologist... which I was very apprehensive about in case he would not be able to fix the hearing aids. However all was sorted there and then, thank God, and believe me I did ask Jehovah about this.  A young audiologist with the most beautiful long blonde hair, cleaned the aids and changed a little disc on them and I can hear again! We wished her a lovely weekend.

Wonderful.

And re March, as we got out of the car when we got home we stepped into a violent hailstorm! So I guess March HAS come in like a lion.  And the lion of March was still roaring on Saturday morning - wind, rain and a stormy sea - all interspersed with sudden bouts of sunshine.

Col left very early for The Field, well laden with metal detectors and sandwiches. I washed the kitchen and bathroom floors, got the washing done, and joined the Field Service Group in Zoom. And I spent the rest of the morning Zooming with 3 friends, which cheered me up.

And Sunday morning was the meeting at the Hall, and as I can hear again, I was able to go in person, though everything now sounds VERY LOUD.  Which just goes to show how brilliantly Jehovah created the human ear.  Amazing technology has gone into my aids, and I am very grateful for it. But the original ear cannot be replicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment