Friday 22 March 2024

A Hebrew Character in Memorial Week



This lovely moth is the Hebrew Character I mentioned in my previous blog. Nice that it should turn up in Memorial Week. I know the Memorial isn't until Sunday - but we start our Memorial Bible reading this week. The Hebrew Character it is named for is  nun, I think.

We had our Monday Zoom session on Tuesday, if that make sense. We are discussing a joint project, writing-wise, spearheaded by Nute who has the most presence in the world of writing - and who has won some awards. 

I found a fragment, written so long ago I typed it on a typewriter, and it envisages South Yorkshire as a separate republic ruled by First Comrade Arthur. It was that long ago. Anyway, I have re-typed it and we will see if we can do anything with it. I find I do have King Arthur pulling the sword out of a barrel of Stones, which I still quite like.

But those are vanished days - ancient history to the young.

Col and I had a rare outing - rare that is for my housebound self - on Tuesday night - to hear Michael Blencowe speak on "Butterflies of the South Downs".  He was on top form, as usual. It was both funny and informative.  Showed me how much I still have to learn about even the local world of butterfly though.

There is so much to learn, so much to know - so much happiness ahead for all those who "inherit the earth" and who will live forever upon it.  And it all becomes possible through the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which will be commemorated this Sunday, the 24th March, in your local Kingdom Hall, after sunset. It will take about an hour - and no collections are ever taken at our meetings.

I would love you to go, and to hear what you thought about it. It is the most important day of the year for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment