Monday 18 March 2024

A Dingy Flat-Body



Taking those invites (to the Memorial of Jesus' death) round our block of flats last week reminded me of just how I am deteriorating.  I managed ten in all, yet not so long ago, when we first retired, I was knocking at every door in the flats, then in later years, if we had a lot of invites left I would take a bundle and put one through every letterbox.  This year, all I managed to do was to place ten - one on the ledge in each hallway, one with neighbour who I met in the Hall, and I left one with the workmen.  I had to do the last two hallways the following day.

The moths have returned to the balcony, including one we have not had before - the rather unkindly named: Dingy Flat-body - see photo above.  Could it be called the Velvet Cloak instead?

It makes me wonder what a giant extra-terrestial moth would call me if I went and got caught in its Person Trap...  but no, I don't even want to think about it.

Appropriately enough for Memorial Week the moth on our wall this morning, under the balcony light, is called the Hebrew Character. It flies in a single generation during March and April, and is attracted to the light.

Col kindly chauffered me to the meeting at the Kingdom Hall yesterday - for the Special talk - The Resurrection : Victory Over Death.  It was a wonderful talk, so comforting.  

Among the verses the young brother giving the talk, quoted was this, one of my favourites, as it is such a clear promise of the awakening from the sleep of death, and of its being such a joyful one:

      “Your dead will live.

My corpses will rise up.

Awake and shout joyfully,

You residents in the dust!

For your dew is as the dew of the morning,

And the earth will let those powerless in death come to life." - Isaiah 26:19



No comments:

Post a Comment