Tuesday 24 January 2023

A Second Childhood



We haven't had any snow as such yet, but have had some icy days.  This is a lovely bleak photo of the Rusty Hulk in the snow in one of our snowy winters.  It was taken by Captain Moth-Butterfly of course.

Monday, when I started this blog was sunny and cold, and when I checked out the bedroom window, the garden was frosted over.

We have a neat arrangement here by which our living rooms: kitchen, lounge, dining room (computer room now), all look out over the Channel, while both bedrooms look inland, over the gardens.

The Assembly on Saturday was FRIENDS OF PEACE.  You can find the programme on the site JW.org.   The key Scripture was Luke 10:6: "And if a friend of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if there is not, it will return to you."

In the Kingdom preaching work we are looking for those who are friends of peace, those who above all want to know their Creator and be at peace with him.  And when we are at peace with Jehovah, we can be at peace with our fellow men, as he teaches us how to be.

I have to go over my notes and pick out some points. But already it has galvanised me to get out on the doors and make a very overdue call - overdue because I have been coughing and sneezing for weeks.  If the householder in question, who now has all my contact details, decides to accept the offer of a Bible study in the "Enjoy Life Forever" book, I will take a brother with me - and one who (unlike me) is smarter than his Smartphone.  There is a series of short videos that go with this study brochure and they are very helpful.

Once again, you can find all this on JW.org.

I had my annual Health Review on Monday morning - very nice nurse, who helped me back on with my socks after checking my feet.  "This is over and above the call of duty", I said as I thanked her.  Old age is described as a "second childhood".  And here I am again, needing help getting dressed, but with none of the winning cuteness that goes along with the first childhood.






No comments:

Post a Comment