Monday 30 January 2023

A Return to the Field



Captain M-B set off very early (5 o clock alarm call) for The Field on Saturday morning - and I too, after a lot of trepidation, managed to get back to the witnessing field.  He is looking for treasure, I am looking for those who will accept and treasure the good news of the Kingdom of God - which is of more value than all the gold in the world.

The thought for the day spurred me on, reminding me as it did of Jesus' command to all who wish to follow him:  Go, therefore, and make disciples . . . , teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded.​—Matt. 28:19, 20.

And the continuing horrors in the News are also a constant reminder of how much people need the hope of the incoming Kingdom.

Anyway, I made it to the Field Service group, and found we were working on a local road so close to home that I was able to park my car at our apartment block and walk to the territory.  

We had a good morning out, and I felt so grateful to Jehovah for giving me an easy start. I haven't been out for weeks, as I have been ill for such a long time. What I now have to do is to keep praying and keep going.  I have been witnessing by email and letter of course.  Once you know what the Bible actually says, it impels you to tell people.

But I was shocked at how exhausted I was by my gentle little walk on Saturday morning - and in a fair amount of pain too.  I used to be a great walker.  Old age is a series of goodbyes - most painfully of all to family and friends as they go over that edge - but also to things (for me) like walking along the sea edge with my shoes off, paddling in the waves.  Or indeed swimming in the sea, Or anywhere. I can do neither now.  I can no longer walk to the shops and back, or to the Hall and back.

Mind you, there are some firsts.  On Sunday I found I had my first parking ticket!  I have been away from the Hall - attending in Zoom - for such a long time that I assume the Sunday parking rules must have changed, and I did not realise.  Or had I forgotten what they were? That is also more than possible.  My two remaining brain cells are kept at full stretch remembering my own name these days.

I feel very guilty as followers of Christ should always be law-abiding, though I had not meant to park where I shouldn't. Anyway we will pay the fine today - you only have to pay half if you pay up promptly,  And I found myself worrying in the small hours about where I am going to park on Thursday nights as the roads are so dark and I am so scared of falling.  Another thing you lose as you get older is good night vision, and another thing you gain is a fear of falling.

Having said all that though, I am still loving our retirement, by the Sea, with Captain M-B (a little poem there), and am so grateful to be here still.

I noticed that the daffodils at the Kingdom Hall were starting to blossom!  Should they be out so early?    But they were why I chose a picture, taken somewhere, sometime by Captain M-B of a field with daffodils.


No comments:

Post a Comment