Tuesday 6 December 2022

Trolley Time



On Saturday, I did make it back to the field service.  The venue was changed  to one I find it much easier to get to, one that is before, not beyond, the roundabout of terror.  The planners kindly added to its terrors some time ago by adding a big supermarket with its entrance right on the roundabout.  I had been praying about that roundabout, and am very grateful that I did not have to tackle it.

So to show my gratitude, I attended the meeting at the Kingdom Hall afterwards, and found myself signing up as a volunteer stand-in for the literature carts/trolleys.  I have been putting it off for ages, but now I have had my year of physio I feel I must give it a try. My back is as good as it is ever going to get, before Armageddon.  

The Kingdom preaching work is so urgent.  The situation in Haiti is now so desperate that I wonder about how my brothers and sisters there are coping. I know Jehovah will help them every step of the way of course, help we are all going to need as we see  "the increasing of lawlessness" everywhere, as Jesus foretold for this time.

Why not accept a home Bible study now, while it is being offered so freely?  As I am not William Shakespeare, I can't find words good and powerful enough to tell you how grateful I am that I did.

On Sunday I had to deliver a letter containing a quote from that great scientist Sir Isaac Newton to a gentleman we met on the doors on Saturday.  I might post the letter in a blogpost this month. And I also called in at Tesco's and found some goats milk.  So we are The House of Two Milks again.

It would be so much kinder to be The House of No Milks (and no cheese, nor any dairy) given the suffering it all causes...  When the whole earth is being restored to paradise, will there be a kind way of having dairy products, or will we simply not want or need them?

It is now really cold - we even treated ourselves to a hot water bottle on Sunday night - and there is snow in the North.  I will try to find one of Captain Moth-Butterfly's snow photos with which to head this blog - in its honour.   The question is: Will there be any snow pictures taken this winter?  

Probably best if it does not get too cold as fuel prices have risen so drastically that I don't know how people are going to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment