Saturday 3 December 2022

Songbird



The news on the 1st of December was that another one of my generation has gone. Christine McVie, of Fleetwood Mac, the writer of Songbird, You Make Loving Fun, and Temporary One, among many others, died at the age of 79, after a short illness.

I am glad to hear it was a short illness, at least.  Lovely voice, great songwriter, and now gone - her life over.  How quickly it goes for us damaged children of disobedient Adam. We are all temporary ones, at the moment.

The picture of a Dartford Warbler seems appropriate today.  It was taken by Col of course.


Thursday was busy.  I had what turned out to be my last P.E. lesson, as I was signed off from my Physio - not so much because I am now so buff and sporty that I don't need it any more, but more because the Health Centre is going to have a long overdue renovation in the New Year, which is going to take months. 

We had a water outage for an hour or in the afternoon, and I had to puff and pant up and down the stairs keeping two neighbours who are not internet-minded informed. It is all exercise.  I also did a load of washing, and made a crumble with Jim's apples - with sugar, not salt this time. (My Cookery Tip for the day: When making a fruit crumble, use sugar, not salt.) And I finished my studying for the Thursday night Ministry School - which is the best  education programme in the world, and is offered without charge to all who want it.

We are being reminded now of the immense - and very satisfying - teaching work that will be done during the Thousand Years, when the dead are woken from the dreamless sleep of death. Many millions of them will never have known who their Creator is, and who the promised Messiah is, and they will need to learn.  We will all be learning then, as Revelation tells us that "scrolls" will be opened. There will be more divine instruction. We are getting such good training now in paying attention and following the perfect law that "belongs to freedom" and which will lead us to "the glorious freedom of the children of God".

It is suddenly much colder, after our strangely warm November, and I can feel Winter approaching.  We did a shop at Tesco on Friday, as Col wanted to fill up with petrol.

Our plans for today:  Metal detecting for Himself; and hopefully if I can make myself face the roundabout of terror, I will be back out on the doors, followed by a short meeting at the Kingdom Hall.

I have no idea what to say to people this morning - well, I mean I know what I want to say, but it's that first minute or two at the door.  I have to rely on Jehovah if I am to get myself out there, what with roundabouts and doors to face.




No comments:

Post a Comment