Sunday 18 December 2022

To the Museum



My big adventure got me stressing out in the early hours of Thursday morning - worrying about having to go to the Museum with the lads' latest finds - driving my sleigh through the icy wastes.  The FLO - Finds Liaison Officer to us civilians (or non-detectorists) - was visiting and the lads were all out a'detecting in some remote location that necessitated a very early alarm call. 

We had arranged it for 12:30, to give the sun, which did come out, time to melt the worst of the ice.  Anyway, I did find a place to park - not very near - and after a cold but safe walk and a cold wait outside her door, I finally found the lady herself and got the latest finds handed in. It is impressive how well regulated it all is, how the Finds are logged and recorded, all adding to the picture of our history.

And I had a part in the Ministry School, standing in as an emergency householder.  This was our key Scripture:

"With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.  The former things have passed away.” - Revelation 21:3,4

This promise encompasses everything we could want right here on the earth.  And our hope is to show that this promise is really going to be fulfilled - and soon.

 Col very kindly chauffered me door to door so I could appear on the stage in person - though I could have done it in Zoom had it not been possible to get there.  There were still sheets of ice outside our front doors.

There was a bit of a thaw yesterday afternoon, so it may have gone now. It's still too dark to tell.

Cards/letters sent: Pete's email replied to, and Sheila, Dave and Archie have a Clouded Yellow Card.  I did the email to Pete during the field service yesterday as I wanted to send him that quote from Sir Isaac Newton.  It is one I have already blogged.

https://sueknight2000.blogspot.com/2022/02/returning-my-wings-to-their-box.html

Until I read this on the Society website, JW.org, I had no idea that Sir Isaac knew and had spoken out about what the Bible actually does say, as opposed to what we are told it says.  I was hoping, I am hoping, that Pete, a scientist himself, might give it some serious thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment