Wednesday 21 December 2022

Red Sky in the Morning



We had a beautiful red sunrise on Sunday morning, which put me in mind of the old rhyme:

Red sky at night, shepherd's delight; red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning.

So Sunday was not likely to be a good day for shepherds... a sharp decrease in the price of wool maybe?  On the other hand, the morning weather forecast told us of dangerous weather conditions, a sharp freeze, causing rain to freeze as it fell - especially in the North. So maybe wool prices will, in fact, go up.

Captain B, at home amazingly, kindly offered to chauffeur me to the Hall.  The ice seemed to be gone and it was pouring with rain when he came to pick me up. We drove back by a stormy English Channel.  We had a wonderful talk about the creation - both its awe-inspiring immensity, and its equal awe-inspiring tiny details.  

So important as there are two witnesses to our Creator, Jehovah.  The creation itself tells us that it has a Grand Creator, and the Inspired Scriptures, both Hebrew and Christian Greek (Old and New Testament) tell us who he is and what he wants for and from us.

And we had a stormy sea on a rainy Monday.  I talked to my siblings on Zoom. Two of the cats appeared briefly - one in Oz, one in Sheffield - and all seems well.  Apparently Australia is having unseasonably cold weather, given it is now the height of Summer in the Southern Hemisphere.

Its another medical week. My much delayed hospital appointment came through, in the form of three letters with different dates and times on them, but we worked out the right one and got to Rheumatology on time on Monday, to be seen by a very pleasant locum, who I have not seen before and likely will not see again.

My blood results are all good, which is very encouraging. And he has batted me back to Dermatology re the skin problem. They say it is probably caused by the arthritis - by my immune system turning on my skin now it is running out of joints to attack - and Rheumatology says it is nothing to do with them it is all the fault of my Derma.

So I am in mid-court at the moment, and guess I need to chase up another appointment.  But I am probably going to have to live with this until I am no longer living, or until Armageddon, whichever comes first.

I mentioned my painful back - despite the year of Physio - and he told me firmly that that was nothing to do with his department but was due to age - wear and tear.  Well, fair enough, I am past my sell-by date, and the Department of Oldageology does not exist - by which I mean the Department that can cure old age.  Only the Kingdom of God can and will do that.

And today I have an eye-test - local - with painful drops.   Anyway, I am grateful for all this, and like everyone else am worried about the state of our over-loaded NHS and how long it can and will survive. And I worry about my part in over-loading it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment