Monday 9 May 2022

The Flight of Captain Butterfly



A weary Captain Butterfly returned in the very early hours after his week in Corfu with the Conservationists.  His flight was delayed. Hopefully he is tired but happy. I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet, but he is definitely there, fast asleep in bed.

Unfortunately we will have to hurtle off for my hospital date with Rheumatology.  And I will then probably spend the rest of the day - after my Zoom chat with the sibs - trying to contact Dermatology as I was supposed to be seeing them this month too and have just realised that the have not sent me an appointment letter.

So that will be Monday taken care of I guess.  If I have a moment, I hope to put at least one lovely Corfuvian butterfly pic from Captain B's camera at the head of this blog.  And here it is - an Eastern Orange Tip.

I am very glad to see him back.  I don't sleep at all well while he is away.  And I had two crises:  one a swarm of the tiny ants that plagued us last summer.  I felt so guilty tackling them.

How I long for the Kingdom of God to be ruling over us so that ants will be doing what they should be doing, in the right time, in the right place, and we can help them - and all creatures - when and as needed, and never have to hurt them.

Then as I switched off the bathroom light the night after he left half the lights in the flat fused...   and, I am embarrassed to admit, even though I am 70 years and the rest, I am still scared of the dark.

Anyway, I did find the key to the fuse cupboard - after a morning call to the Captain - and sorted it.  My bathroom light was still out but I could cope with that.

I treated myself to the May broadcast yesterday - a loving message from the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society to every one of us.   The subject of our 3-day Convention this year is PURSUE PEACE, which could hardly be more timely given the tragedy continuing to unfold in the Ukraine.

There is a preview here, including a discussion about what true peace is, and how we can pursue it right now, even in such a violent world:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioFeatured/pub-jwb-089_1_VIDEO



No comments:

Post a Comment