Sunday 15 May 2022

A Corfu Tiger



Col, in his Captain Butterfly persona, has brought back some lovely photos from his Corfu trip. This is a Cream Spot Tiger moth.   I am wondering if some Corfu butterflies and moths will appear on his 2023 calendar - if there is one of course.  We are not as young as we were, to put it mildly.  He actually came home early on Thursday from his detecting  field in darkest Hampshire (here there bee Designer Coffee Shoppes a'plenty - or so it says on the old mappe we found). 

He came back early!   He can usually outlast even the much younger ones.

My lovely young physio asked me how old I was. "Well", she said kindly, "You have still got a life to live."

She is wonderfully unlike the gym teachers of old. She is so kind and patient with me as I creak slowly through my gentle little exercises.

And on Friday we had to go to Brighton for my emergency appointment re my hearing aids.  The young - they are all so young these days, how did that happen? - audiologist serviced them and I can now hear again. Which is good as Saturday was our virtual Assembly at a virtual Haysbridge. But what on ordeal driving through Brighton was, and finding parking - all done by the wonderful Captain B of course.  And the streets were so crowded.  So noisy.

Saturday's Assembly was livestreamed, so we were hearing talks and experiences and interviews from brothers and sisters in our own circuit. There were lots of gems, lots of valuable teaching.

The theme was "Exercise Faith".  And perhaps the overall thing I have taken from it is how important it is that our faith in Jehovah and in his word should shape our lives - all we do and all we say.  And never forget to pray to Jehovah for help.  This is increasingly important as the pressures mount.

As Jesus said (at John 14:1, the theme Scripture for the assembly):

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me."

We need to exercise faith in our Creator Jehovah, the Father to whom Jesus himself prayed, and in Jesus as the Messiah, the one sent forth by Jehovah.   And the word exercise means exerting effort.

Which reminds me, on a less spiritual level, I must go off and creak through my regular morning exercises.


No comments:

Post a Comment