Wednesday 18 May 2022

If Faut Souffrir pour etre Belle

If enough of my schoolgirl French remains, then I have spelt out correctly that it is necessary to suffer to be beautiful, which is a thought prompted by yet another session of dental torture on Monday.  It left me exhausted and I slept on the sofa for most of the afternoon.

Of course the aggravating thing is that I am certainly souffriring, but without much hope of becoming beautiful, well not this side of Armageddon anyway.  I will still be an old crone, but a slightly less hideous one.  Hopefully.

By the way, I think the "e" of "etre "should have a little hat on it.  I forget what the hat is called, but I knew once.  A circumflex?

For the moment there is, barring emergencies, a pause in all my medical stuff, my next dental session being a week away. And there is one more to go after that - which will be to crown a broken tooth.

It is a sunny morning - the balcony geraniums are looking splendid, the nemesia is flourishing though its not scented today. The scent comes and goes.  We had some rain last night so at least The Green had a drink.  And poor Col has a problem with his car. I have just picked him up from the garage and will have to run him back up there after they call.  

What with my teeth and his car, it is going to be an expensive month.

I have been trying to decipher the notes I took during Saturday's Assembly.  Not easy.  But I do want to add something from the last talk:  Jehovah Knows who Belongs to Him.

The Speaker pointed out that there are 8 billion people on the earth, and he directed us to 2 Thessalonians 3:2 which reminds us that  "faith is not a possession of all people."  

Sadly most people on the earth are not exercising faith in their Creator. But we hope many many more will, and are trying to reach everyone.

We then turned to 2 Timothy 2:19, which says: "Despite that, the solid foundation of God remains standing, having this seal, “Jehovah knows those who belong to him,” and, “Let everyone calling on the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.”

Jehovah knows who belongs to Him. And He values every one who turns to Him.  He reads every heart, all 8 billion of them, and sees the wonderful potential in each one.

So we, the children of Adam, need to value each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment