Tuesday 3 May 2022

Oystie! The Oyster Pond Monster


 


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10768561/Couple-claim-video-Loch-Ness-shows-legendary-monster-swimming-beneath-waters.html

Given this dramatic headline - the Loch Ness Monster photographed yet again - I was saying to Captain B that maybe he could take a photo of a mysterious creature swimming across our own tiny loch - see his photo of it above - of the Pond, not the Monster, as yet.

The Oyster Pond Monster will become notorious for nibbling the toes of reckless paddlers, and ruthlessly denting pedalos. But I want to make sure we have the tea shop concession before Col manages to find it and capture it with his camera.

I think our sleepy little seaside town would do well with a modest version of the Loch Ness Monster to attract the coach parties in their droves.  The Loch Next Monster perhaps?  Oystie?

However, should our Pond contain no monster... which I suppose is a possibility... then that is another money-making scheme gone for a burton, and I am wittering on pointlessly about nothing (which is always a possibility).

In the meantime, I would do infinitely better to concentrate on what we learnt at Sunday's Zoom meeting.

Imitate Jesus by Serving Others

“There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.”​—ACTS 20:35.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2022285

As a damaged child of disobedient Adam, I know I am set  on selfish. And I wish I wasn't.  But, one day, if I keep going...

Monday bank holiday dawned grey and overcast (the sort of weather I secretly enjoy).  It was not a day of great achievements, but I did get a card off to Darren, one to another friend in hospital, and a pressie off to Someone Else.  And on Monday I had the usual Zoom call with my siblings - minus the Oz Branch, as they were busy helping to move their student children out of a flat.



No comments:

Post a Comment