Sunday 27 March 2022

The Clocks Spring Forward


I was just re-reading that great Sylvia Plath poem "Mirror" and thinking how strange old age is.  Not that Sylvia herself ever got old.


I was also thinking that they don't make mirrors the way they used to. They gave a much better reflection 20 years ago.


But why would anyone not want to live forever on this lovely planet - when we are no longer in this damaged and dying condition, but are living in happiness, in peace, in perfect health - and always learning?  And how wonderful to be there during the Thousand Years and welcome back the resurrected dead - welcome them into paradise.


On Saturday night, the clocks sprang forward.  And we will have longer days, lighter evenings, which will cheer a lot of people up.  I am reasonably happy with greyness, gloom and rain - which probably says something terrible about my personality - but having said that I do love Spring and Autumn, May and September being my favourite months.  


More and more family and friends are going down with Covid, but so far none have ended up in hospital, thank God.


Captain B beat me at both Wordle and Quordle today.  Grrrr.


No comments:

Post a Comment