Saturday 12 March 2022

How am I going to keep Him down on the Farm?




We are now all into Quordle, along with Wordle.   I hope they don't continue on this line or our whole lives will be spent doing Mordle (a million Wordles) - fordling while Rome burns.  The News from the Ukraine is awful. The Russian forces seem to have met much more sustained and determined resistance than President Putin had been expecting.  I don't think anyone knows quite what to do about this.  But there are some very weird politics swirling around.  The last time Russia, under Stalin, occupied Ukraine, killing millions, weren't the Movers and Shakers all for it?  This time they are not. Who knows what is up?  But what I do know is that our Creator asks us not to take up arms and kill our brothers and sisters.

We got a lovely Oz calendar from Ian and Sheryl, together with a news update.  Some years ago, in their sailing days, they gave us an evening on board their fabulous yacht, which was moored in a local harbour, with black swans coasting round it.  

Col's alarm went off at 4:30 on Thursday morning, and I didn't see him again till gone 11 at night.  He chauffered Jim - who is carless at the moment - and stopped on at Jim's for his supper and went straight to SUSSAR training: https://www.sussar.org.uk/

Apparently Jim cooked him Toad in the Hole, with new potatoes and beans. And it was delicious.  So how am I going to keep him down on the farm with my constant offerings of veggie soup and pizza?  Will the homemade cakes be enough?

Which is a reminder to myself that I need to bake some more cakes, as Jim has kindly given us some more eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment