Friday 19 November 2021

Stoical and Cheerful






"We were just saying how stoical and cheerful you are, considering all these health problems," said kind Dr.Amin.  The "we" referred to the young student who was working with her.  Meanwhile Captain B was muttering something from behind his mask that sounded like "You want to try living with her!" 

Anyway, that is another check up - Dermatology - done.  They have given me some steroid patches to try. 

Its getting to the stage now where, when they ask for a list of my current medications, it might be quicker and simpler just to list the medications I am NOT taking.  Its all so unfair and...  but I must remember that I am "stoical and cheerful"...  Mind you, Dr.Amin has a great bedside manner and probably says that to all her patients.  If not, and if she means it, then all credit goes to the loving and supportive congregation arrangement into which Jehovah gathers all who will come to him.  For one thing, the constant teaching provides us with such a wonderful hope - a hope of perfect health, just for starters.

By nature I am a wimp, with a backbone of solid custard.

Had a nice hour with the siblings on Zoom on Monday, and an hour Wednesday morning on the field service, working out letters to send with this current, and very comforting, Watchtower magazine:  https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no2-2021-may-jun/

Col has had some more cards made up from his photos: 1 Butterfly, 1 Moth, and 2 Clownfish. If I can catch him for a moment as he flitters about I hope one at least of the card pics will be heading this blog. 

It makes me sad to see the Clowns though, enchanting as they are, as a recent David Attenborough programme showed us how what close families they have, as father, mother and children all work together. And I think of how many clownfish families were torn apart and the survivors confined to tiny tanks and aquariums.

I long for the Kingdom of God to be ruling over the earth, so that we can take care of all the earthly creatures in the perfect, loving and unselfish manner that our Creator intends. The animal creation has suffered so much, through no fault of its own.

Col has also made the cards into an advert for my books Waiting for Gordo and Disraeli Hall.  I am sending cards today to Sharon, Jo, and June, but also pointing out that as they are local I can lend them a copy of either book if they want to read it.  They do not have to buy it.  I have also sent a card to Kathryn, who has her own copy and has already read it.  I have also packaged up a magazine and Clouded Yellow card for Julia of Nottingham.  I am sort of hoping she might buy DHall.  But I have no idea if she has read and enjoyed Gordo or not. She has a copy, but she has never said anything about it.



 






No comments:

Post a Comment