Saturday 27 November 2021

Aussie Gold Hunters



The Watchtower study at the Sunday meeting was based on these words:  “I will shake all the nations, and the precious things of all the nations will come in.”​—HAG. 2:7.

We are living in the time of this shaking.   And an illustration occurred to me, which I did make into a comment.  I am a great fan of Aussie Gold Hunters - love them all, am so pleased when they do find gold, they work so hard.  So I was thinking about how they dig up a pile of rock - ordinary rock to my eyes, grind it down and then it goes onto a violent set of shaker trays, and out of these rocks, the gold appears.

Every one of us can become gold in Jehovah's eyes, if we want to.  If we listen to him, and do out best to accept and follow his moral standards.

The photo of Col's I have chosen for this blog shows Sea Sandwort - a hint of gold among rocks/pebbles.

The article says, in part:  "The shaking that Haggai describes is not like a literal earthquake, which brings only destruction. Instead, it produces good results. Jehovah himself tells us: “I will shake all the nations, and the precious things of all the nations will come in; and I will fill this house with glory.” (Hag. 2:7) What did this prophecy mean for those who lived in Haggai’s time? And what does it mean for us today? We will discuss the answers to those questions and also learn how we have a part in shaking the nations today."

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2021562#h=8

On Tuesday night Captain Butterfly and I attended - via Zoom - a meeting for all the Membership Secretaries in Butterfly Conservation.  It was good and helpful, though not so much for me of course as this marks the end of my term as Membership Secretary.  My Butterfly filing cabinet is now empty - and there have been no queries from that last set of Membership Packages I sent out, so I guess that is it.  All done and dusted. And while I feel a bit sad about it, I know i don't have the energy anymore. 

Having said all that, I got a change of address on Thursday morning and have advised HQ and all accordingly.  However, its no problem to deal with these small queries and changes that will probably go on appearing for a while.

Storm Arwen is on the way, arriving apparently this afternoon.  At 3.10 on Thursday afternoon it suddenly began to pelt down, catching Col as he went down to his car to pack it up for today's expedition.  I wondered if it was Arwen arriving early, but it stopped almost as soon as it started, and the sea remained calm. 

The News is full of a new and alarming Covid variation that has apparently turned up in South Africa and is just starting to spread.   The worrying thing is if the current vaccinations will be effective against it.

And there has a been a tragedy in the Channel. A boat of migrants, mainly from the troubles in the Middle East it seems, has gone down, with many casualties...   I hope hope hope no such boats are trying to make the crossing today, with Storm Arwen arriving.  The sea will be so cold now too.  

What a sad world system we are living in. And how much we need the loving heavenly Kingdom of God ruling over us.  I hope that those who died in the Channel yesterday have a wonderful awakening ahead of them, into the restored earthly paradise, where they will never again be what my father once was "displaced people".   The whole earth will be a paradise of peace the next time they see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment