Friday 6 August 2021

The Blogpost with Three Titles



The loss of Monday - in a haze of pain and painkillers - has thrown both me and the Sandwich fairy out.  We have lost a day. So when Captain B came back after a long search for a missing depressive who had said he was going off to hang himself in the local woods - (a horrifying search for the volunteers) - and then said "I'm going to bed now as my alarm clock is going off at 4 a.m."  I suddenly realised that it was Wednesday and that therefore the next day was a Treasure Hunt day, which requires a box of sandwiches and cake to be ready in the fridge.

I had got a bit lost in space and time.  I am happy to report both that the depressive was found alive and well, and that the Sandwich Fairy did her stuff and materialised a packed lunch.  So I could have called this blog "The Sandwich Fairy Panics".

And yesterday I got myself an apple in the afternoon, cut up in a bowl,  and was instantly bothered by a wasp which got in among my apple and was not going to leave.  I did not want to risk annoying it so in the end I took wasp and apple and bowl to the balcony door and threw out a piece of apple which the wasp thankfully followed.  So I could have called this blog "Intimations of Autumn".  Wasps, fruit and , yes, already there is something in the air that says Autumn is coming. 

No problem for me.  I love Autumn.  Its just how quickly the years are rushing past.

Or I could have called this blog "The End of an Era" because come the November AGM I will have been Membership Secretary for Sussex Butterfly Conservation for 10 years.  So it is time for someone younger and with more energy to take over I think, and I have handed in my resignation - to give them time to organise a new secretary by November.

And given that Roger of The Cape rang us this morning, there could even have been a fourth blog title: The Return of the Roger.  It was lovely to hear from him.  He is riding out the Covid crisis on the Cape with his amazing view of the Pacific Ocean with its whales and dolphins coming and going. 

I asked him if he had received a letter from his local Jehovah's Witness congregation yet, but he said that his letterbox no longer really functions.  He doesn't get letters any more.  So I decided to send him one of the ones I am sending out - and invitation to join us at JW.org for the Annual Convention.  But I sent it by email.

And I especially recommended the Bible drams, which is about the prophet Daniel this year.

We also talked to Jacks, who is no better and no worse.  Which at our age is probably something of a plus.

Then the two little girls rang from the bungalow - and were thrilled to that Uncle Colin was at home and available for a chat.





No comments:

Post a Comment