Tuesday 10 August 2021

A Message from The Cape

The Captain bought me some dark red carnations from his Tesco expedition, which echo the colours of our orchid table - which is flourishing at the moment.   Surely there is a Haiku somewhere in there.  But if so, I have not found it.

My feeling of terminal tiredness was really helped by finally getting a positive answer to one of my letters.  We have been inviting people to the on-line Convention and suddenly I got a response - in the form of an email - from a total stranger in The Cape, South Africa!

It is a warm email- full of questions.  He says that it was my talking about the Kingdom of God that got him wondering.   This all stems from the invite I emailed to The Roger, who then emailed it to our mutual friend Anne - also of The Cape - who emailed it one of her friends.

I have sent a friendly response and hope very much that the correspondence will continue.

However, I can't say I have done much more than that that today.  I was out on our flower-scented balcony doing my studying - and I got us our lunch and supper - a leftover veg chile plus yoghurts - and in the evening an omelette (with Lilac Tree Farm eggs) followed by banana and custard for Himself, and lentil pasta with cheese and tomato (and a choc ice) for me. 

I have been re-reading my Ursula Curtiss thrillers, seeing if I can inspire myself to begin another book. Though that brings me back to how tired i am.  Writing takes energy, of a strange sort.

And I have had some nice emails thanking me for my 10 years service to the cause of Butterfly Conservation.  Having seen the valiant work of so many volunteers down the years, I hope I have an ever deeper appreciation and understanding of why it is only the Kingdom of God, the heavenly government, that can restore the perfect balance that was there in the beginning, in Eden.

Under its loving reign, will we once again see clouds of butterflies in our summer skies?  I hope we are all there to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment