Sunday 15 August 2021

A Massive Mound of Memberships

Finally, finally, the much delayed new memberships for Butterfly Conservation arrived at my computer. Seventy of them!   I will have to do them in batches.  I fear I was selfishly hoping that they would not arrive until after my retirement, but, still it will be much nicer to hand it over up to date.  And much kinder.

Up until this year, I believe our Branch was known for getting its membership packages out promptly.  But a new computer system at HQ, plus lockdown, seems to have stalled everything. including the butterfly paperwork.

We have an on-line Convention today - Sunday morning session:   https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/categories/2021Convention

We will be learning from the faithful women of old.  And there will be a talk "Have Faith in the Good News".  The whole aim of this Convention is to strengthen our faith in our Creator, Jehovah, in his Messiah, Jesus, and in his inspired word, the Bible.  We live in a world system that will do everything it can to damage and destroy that faith.

And I would like to note that Una Stubbs has died.  I have known her - via media - since the far-off days of the Cliff Richard movie "Summer Holiday" - and her career continued right through to the most recent - and very successful - version of Sherlock Holmes.  I went to the Cliff movies as my best friend, Janie, was a Cliff fan - so I was too. 

I blogged my one brief almost meeting with Una here:  https://sueknight2000.blogspot.com/search?q=una+stubbs

She was lovely.  And I hope she sleeps safe in Jehovah's memory, safe in "the everlasting arms", and has a wonderful awakening ahead of her when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment