Tuesday 3 August 2021

A Flare Up, Left Foot

 I have been laid low for a couple of days by a violent flare up in my left foot - it was agony to even touch it to the ground.  The severe pain faded during Monday, thank Goodness, but it has left me feeling tired and washed out.  And Tuesday finds me still tired and washed out.  Captain Butterfly is in the kitchen even now making the soup for our lunch.  He usually makes breakfast, flying the coffee machine, and I get lunch and supper. But I am having to rest my foot as much as possible.  I hovered anxiously for a while, back seat driving ("Mind that pedestrian Richard!") , till I was firmly expelled from the kitchen.  

This morning was the short Field Service Zoom meeting, followed by a sibling get together (in Team).  Last week Nute and Pen were here with me; today we are all back in our respective homes, but still able to see each other and talk.  Young Harry appeared briefly to say Hello.

We are enjoying watching the Olympics together, usually in the morning, having recorded it overnight.  I find myself wondering what will happen when the earth is paradise again. There will be no separate nations, so no nationalism.  We will all be one family - united in love for our Creator and each other.  But maybe we will compete athletically...?  Or perhaps there will be so many wonderful things to do that we won't have any time for that.   In the meantime, of course, how much better for nations to compete at the Olympics instead of going to war.



No comments:

Post a Comment