Friday 13 November 2020

Hosting My First Zoom Meeting

My project for Thursday was to host a Zoom meeting - with me and one other.  We will see if it works out.  Into my spaceship and onwards!

 It did but only after a lot of help... a lot of coaching... and there were 4 of us - but whether I can manage to remember how to host a Zoom meeting a second time is something else altogether.  

But I must carry on witnessing. I was reminded of a recent experience about a gentleman who turned up at a Kingdom Hall - closed of course for the duration of this crisis - with a bunch of flowers.  A brother and sister driving past stopped to see if they could help and he told them he had received a lovely letter from one of their congregation - a letter that had come just at the right time as he was in a dangerous depression. He had bought the flowers to say thanks. 

So I have done 5 more letters.  5 envelopes seems to be the limits of my strength at the moment. Which is pretty pathetic.

And the Captain took me out for a short drive yesterday.  The outside world... how busy it all is, and how glad I was to be back home.   The Autumn colours were lovely though.

I am continuing the Watchtower study article about the resurrection below.  We will know the awakened dead, and they will know us - even though we will all be looking a lot better and a lot healthier than we are now.  Revelation tells us that during the Thousand years "scrolls" will be opened - there will be more Inspired teaching, from Jehovah, through Jesus.  So what I wonder is if we have the privilege of being there, will we be able to look and see who is going to be resurrected when.  I have this idea of planting an oak forest, but hope to get back to that in my next blog.

WILL WE BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE THOSE WHO ARE RESURRECTED?

8. Why is it reasonable to assume that those greeting resurrected individuals will be able to recognize their loved ones?

For a number of reasons, we can assume that those greeting resurrected individuals will be able to recognize their loved ones. For instance, based on resurrections that have already occurred, it seems that Jehovah will re-create people so that they look, speak, and think in the same way as they did shortly before they died. Remember that Jesus likened death to sleep and the resurrection to being awakened from sleep. (Matt. 9:18, 24; John 11:11-13) When people awaken from sleep, they look and sound the same as when they went to sleep, and they retain their memory. Consider the example of Lazarus. He had been dead for four days, so his body had begun to decay. Yet, when Jesus resurrected him, his sisters immediately recognized him, and Lazarus obviously remembered them.​—John 11:38-44; 12:1, 2.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2020526#h=64

No comments:

Post a Comment