Monday 9 November 2020

A Present from Betelgeuse - the Final final Proof Read

 Yesterday, I did the final final check of my second thriller, the book that will not be called A Present from Betelgeuse.  This was apparently a final proof read, but I still found a couple of other things that needed changing. And I hope they can be at this late stage. I had made two consecutive days Saturday for example.  I wrote this book in an inside out and upside down manner - one that I will never attempt again. But it wasn't deliberate, it wasn't some idiotic attempt at a literary device,  it just seemed to happen that way. Anyway, it must stand or fall as it is now.

I am looking forward to seeing the cover. This will be my fourth publication with Fantastic Books and I can say that they do what they say on the tin as they have given me Fantastic covers!

I sent a copy of my talk to Jean, who missed it, due to phone trouble, sent off my next batch of witnessing letters - posted by the Captain himself - and got some more territory which I must start on today.  I feel a bit guilty about devoting yesterday afternoon to my book. The world does not especially need any more fiction, but it desperately needs the good news of the Kingdom. Desperately.

Oh and in a moment of ironic terror this morning, I briefly choked on one of my vitamin tablets!  What a truly ridiculous way that would be to go.

Life is so uncertain at the moment.   How much we all need the hope of the resurrection.   And I hope so much I will see my parents then. So here is the next extract from that comforting study article.  It reminds that we will all be learning together, helping each other, in loving circumstances so that by the end of the Thousand years we will be as perfect and living as our first parents were before they disobeyed and we will be living in paradise, as they were.

And then... who knows what wonderful things.  But if we all take in the knowledge of Jehovah now and do our imperfect best to act on it, we can be there to find out.

7. Why will God’s people have fellow feeling when teaching resurrected ones?

During the Thousand Year Rule of Christ, all of Jehovah’s earthly children will have to make changes to please him. So all of them will have true fellow feeling as they help the resurrected ones to combat sinful tendencies and to live by Jehovah’s standards. (1 Pet. 3:8) No doubt those who come back to life will be drawn to Jehovah’s humble people, who will also be “working out [their] own salvation.”​—Phil. 2:12.


No comments:

Post a Comment