Friday 3 July 2020

A Buzz of Energy (FLARE-UP right knee continues, but oddly)

On Wednesday I suddenly got a buzz of energy from somewhere and by mid-afternoon had scrubbed out my bathroom, sorted out the bedroom, dusted, polished, tidied, changed sheets, washed sheets, done my studying, made lunch - sandwiches for Himself at Knepp, soup for me, and written a letter to Lilian and a card to Darren.  Plus begun my last push on Bob's Report - last chapter, comments thereon.

Will this last?

No, it didn't, quite a bad night with a lot of pain my right knee - got up at about 3.30, but did finally manage to get to sleep again. The sea was so lovely on Thursday morning - as turquoise as the Indian Ocean - and with swathes of navy blue where big fluffy white clouds were scudding overhead. The balcony was full of the scent of Nemesia.

The energy continues to drain, but at least I did get some things done. Friday morning and Chris and Megs are back in the Self-Isolating Bird Club.  A tonic, as always.  My right knee has subsided, but now my left foot is painful.

That is what old age is though - painful - a painful business.    Yet retirement is also a very happy time - so far.

Captain B is threatening to take me out for a walk this afternoon... unless it pours with rain of course (she blogged hopefully). I don't think  have been outside fo 2 months and am not sure I ever want to venture into the outside world again.

The current flare up - knee wise - was odd, in that the pain woke me - I got up, perhaps had a cup of tea, can't remember - I have nothing I can take for it, as I had used my full meed of meds for the day.  Went back to bed in great pain, but finally fell asleep. Sleep is impossible during the usual flare-ups, as much as I long for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment