Tuesday 30 June 2020

The Song of the Cuckoo (and another FLARE-UP right knee)

I was very taken with this little folk rhyme that Sue Higham posted in The Self-Isolating Bird Club:

"The cuckoo comes in April
  and sings its song in May
  In the middle of June
  it changes its tune
  In July it flies away."

The Club is back every Friday morning, 9 o clock ish, facebook, for an hour. 

I have been continuing with Bob's Report, and am now approaching the end.   It is a powerful document.      Our Abel and Cole delivery arrived on Monday - but that was about it. Even Himself did not go out. It was very windy - not a moth and butterfly day really.

He went out on Sunday though - with sandwich and cake for lunch - while I commuted to the kitchen and attended the meeting.

And I was woken up in the early hours by the pain of an arthritis flare-up in my right knee. I have had an early breakfast so I could take an anti-inflammatory and such pain killing as I am allowed.  I don't know whether I will be able to go back to sleep or if I am in for a day of intense pain.  We have a short field service meeting this morning which I would love to be able to zimmer to.

Its approaching 6 a.m. the wind of yesterday has dropped, the Channel is calm, and the sky is cloudy.  Could we be in for some real rain?  We do need it.

And I wonder about the Bible study I was conducting in this blog. Should I continue?

If I did, we would continuing to talk about how we can draw close to God.   And we do that  by learning about him from his inspired word and his creation.

Mark 12:30 tells us that  "you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength."
With our whole mind too, which it is why it is so important to know God's word.

1 John 5:3  says:  "For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,"
Which once again shows how important it is to know what God does command, and what he does not.

And 1 Timothy 2:4 assures us that it is God's will that "all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

It is Jehovah who raised up and who supports this worldwide teaching campaign, and he will help anyone who wants to find him and to know him.   Every one of us on the earth is very very precious to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment