Wednesday 15 July 2020

The Zimmer Kid Rides Out

It was my first masked outing this morning - not to rob the local stagecoach - but to the Surgery for my blood tests.    Strange.  But very good precautions. I had an early appointment and saw no other patients. It has left me a bit worried though - the nurse noted something even while she was taking the blood. I shall not be surprised if they want to see me urgently once they get the results - about a week. Though I hope not.

But I am in the Death Zone under the Threescore years and Ten rule - and feeling the force of the Biblical warning that, at the moment, "death reigns as king" over us.

It has been a medical week - the first for a while. It was the Dentist on Monday morning - and I always tell my dentist where the British airmen are hiding as soon as he gets me in the chair.  Unfortunately he is not interested and carries on regardless.  So I got my teeth cleaned - ouch ouch ouch - but there was some good health news at least.  No work needs to be done, and he is happy with my dental routine.  Hurray!

It took us a while to find a Dentist we liked here, after our excellent Company provided Dental Clinic on Planet Expat.  But then we found this Turkish guy who runs a very efficient practice, great clinic, great staff. And the Covid precautions were excellent. 

We then drove off to SpecSavers to collect my repaired specs.  The frames collapsed during Lockdown and I have been bumbling around in an old pair ever since.  I have never had frames collapse on me before, and they certainly picked their moment

It wasn't  exactly climbing K2, but it felt exhausting enough.

And I cannot say I enjoyed wearing my mask for about 30 minutes today - it must be tough indeed to work in them all day.  I  hope those who have to have better ones to wear.

Surreal times.  How long can this go on?


No comments:

Post a Comment