Tuesday 7 July 2020

My First Walk! so now LEFT FOOT IS FLARING UP

Red Admiral, Vanessa atalanta
Captain B dragged a reluctant me out for my first walk on Friday afternoon.  The tiniest of walks - 15 mins in local park. The result?

A photo of a Red Admiral, and a very very painful left foot.  It has been red and swollen for two days.  However, I did deliver a letter to someone I had just started a doostep study with before the Lockdown.  I wanted to offer him the opportunity to join our Zoom meetings.  Captain B put it through the letterbox. The door to door preaching work has not re-started yet - we await instructions from the Governing Body.

I had a chat to Jean and sent her a copy of the Programme for the coming Convention which we will attend on our home computers and discuss later in Zoom.  We will attend half a day at a time.  Postman Colin took it to the postbox for me as I am not moving too much at the moment.  We also of course keep in regular contact with Jacks, via phone, as we cannot visit each other at the moment.  I have got used not to seeing her every Saturday night now, but it was odd at first - we have had our get togethers for so many years.

And one of my congregation sisters rang me to ask me if I would like to sign up for trip to Egypt next week - 3 quid a time.  The Captain and I have both signed up.  I am really looking forward to it!  There is a lot to be said for this Zoom world.

No comments:

Post a Comment