Tuesday 21 July 2020

Husbands

We in the Worldwide congregation attended the Friday afternoon session of the Always Rejoice! Convention on Sunday - on our various devices in our various homes.   And how I must have deteriorated since our last full Convention in Brighton.  It took me most of the day at home to watch half a day and take it in.  And I felt exhausted afterwards.

But it was a day very well spent.

The Symposium was "Cultivate Joy in Your Family".   And the 4 talks, each with a short video presentation, were:

Husbands, Rejoice in Your Wife
Wives, Rejoice in Your Husband
Parents, Rejoice in Your Children
Young Ones, Rejoice in Your Parents.

So I thought I might blog a few points - today about husbands.   This advice is from Jehovah's word and he is both the Source of wisdom and the originator of the marriage arrangement.

The speaker covered 4 points:
1.  Assign honour to your wife, value her. She is a precious gift from Jehovah.
2.  Invest time in the relationship.
3.  Be faithful - and that includes no close emotional relationships with other women.
4.  Be realistic in your expectations.  We are all the damaged children of disobedient Adam,
     so no wife is perfect.

And at this point I seem to hear Captain Butterfly saying gloomily "Tell me about it!"  But he doesn't do badly as far as they are all concerned.  And he puts up with me wonderfully well.

You can find this Session of the Convention here:
https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2020Convention/pub-co-r20_4_VIDEO
with all the associated Scriptures.


I had a busy morning - writing out my experience I was to give at the Field Service Meeting at 10.00 - then a call from Jean - then a panicky 10 minutes getting the soup ready for lunch - spicy chicken and vegetable today - then Zooming with my siblings.  I also cleaned the fridge ready for the Supermarket delivery tomorrow.

It was another sunny day - Green and beach busy - but most people seem to be keeping the proper social distance within their groups,


No comments:

Post a Comment