Monday 15 June 2020

What are the Seagulls thinking? and a FLARE-UP left hand

Which is the Dickens book in which he asked the question "What are the wild waves saying?"  Was it Dombey and Son?   Anyway, my question yesterday as I sat on our balcony looking over the lovely Channel watching the gulls wheeling and swooping overhead, was "What are the wild gulls saying?" 

First we don't emerge, then we start to, very late in the mating season; then we suddenly start to congregate in hordes and throw statues into the sea. 

I guess they must be hoping that the chip shops along the river have all re-opened and they can get their fair share again. And I find I don't know if they have.

The wild waves weren't saying very much at any rate, as the Channel was fairly calm. We have had some much needed rain over the last few days, and our Green is not as brown as it was.

i can type no more as my hand is too painful - maddening as i have a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment