Sunday 24 May 2020

The Trap


I thought I would add another picture from our balcony estate - my precious outside space now I am not allowed out at all. 

Our moth trap is also out there , but its not very pretty - and its large, so I haven't shown it.  I was rather upset about it at first - it seemed like an ugly intrusion on our beautiful balcony. And I hate the idea of traps.   I know the moths only stay in it overnight. But one night is a long long time in a moth's life.  However... I was wrong.  The moths seem to love it. It has empty egg boxes inside and we find them in the morning tucked into their little egg alcoves - cosy, safe and warm. And they stop on, long after the hotel doors are opened again.

And some of them stay for days, travelling between trap and balcony wall.

On Friday I got an email about my new book - not from the publisher - but from someone else who has read it. They loved it and could not put it down!  What more can an author want?  (Well, yes a best seller would be lovely, but ...)

I have to hope now that the professional publisher's reader will like it as much as, if so, it has a very good chance of being published.

Saturday... a field service meeting in the morning; a chat with Jean in the afternoon; study done for the Sunday meeting; and the first Bible study conducted with a friend via fb - private messenger!

And also I had a long chat with the Brighton Branch.

And of course meals were made - a curry veggie soup stew for lunch (it was good with just the right touch of heat), and a chill cabinet supper for Col and diabetes friendly avocado for me.  To think I once thought avocados were a treat.

The blog Bible study has now reached the discussion about free will, via this next paragraph in the brochure Good News from God:

God has granted man the dignity of free will. He want us to serve him because we love him and we love his law.  Do we not appreciate our freedom to choose to serve God?  But many choose not to, so suffering abounds. It saddens Jehovah to see such injustice.

"Now if it seems bad to you to serve Jehovah, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods that your forefathers served on the other side of the River or the gods of the Amʹor·ites in whose land you are dwelling. But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.” - Joshua 24:15

We have a choice.  Every one of us has a choice.

"Consequently, Jehovah saw that man’s wickedness was great on the earth and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time.  Jehovah regretted that he had made men on the earth, and his heart was saddened." - Genesis 6:5,6

And it makes our Creator really happy when we freely choose to serve him, because we love him.

Jehovah truly respects the free will he has given us, and will not force us, or bribe us.  But if we turn back to him out of love, he will restore us to the life and perfection our first parents threw away. This will happen during the Thousand Year Reign.  It will be a wonderful time, and after that, who knows?  Except that then our real lives, the ones we were always meant to have, will begin - right here in the restored earthly paradise.  Clearly we will find great joy in caring for it, and caring tenderly and unselfishly for the animal creation. 

In case you would like to know more, I will continue with this little study in my blogs.  And of course any Jehovah's Witness can help you with this.

We can't knock at your door at the moment, but you are most welcome to come to our CyberDoor and knock: https://www.jw.org/en/



No comments:

Post a Comment