Thursday 21 May 2020

National Cake Day in Ruritania (and a small flare-up)



Where are the days going to as they rush past?  And when is National Cake Day in Ruritania?  Where, indeed, is Ruritania?

You will have to read the book to find out:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/National-Cake-Ruritania-Mark-Henderson/dp/1912053829
though I don't think it is in the writer's brief to answer questions about time.

And talking of cake, while many seem to be baking away like mad in lockdown, I still have loads of cake in the freezer as Captain Butterfly is home for lunch these days, and only has cake with his sandwich lunches.

 I carry on in strict lockdown - not at all dreadful for a homebody like myself -  and the Captain is still allowed out for his daily walk.   My main worry is that I will never be able to make myself leave home again. As for driving!

Tuesday morning, we had a field service meeting, just 15 minutes, and I gave one of the 3 experiences.  We are all trying to find ways to tell people about the Kingdom of God now we can't go door to door.

Then I had a Zoom meeting with the Yorkshire and Oz branches of the family.  Then...  well, I got our lunch and supper - veggie soup (as usual) and two chill cabinet meals (Waitrose) in the evening.  I wonder if a few paragraphs about dusting and two loads of washing, plus some ironing would be fascinating... nope, even if I were up to the standards of a Shakespeare and celebrated it in sonnet, it wouldn't be.

My right knee was very painful all yesterday and i am taking anti-inflammatories, and it has not reached the agonising stage.  For which I am very grateful.

Its Thursday, so Zoom meeting night, which i am looking forward to, especially as i don't have a part in it this week.  The Captain and I have just had our lunch- veggie soup (mushroom today) - and I am just trekking off to the Kitchen to make some veggie curry

I am hoping for a photo of our lovely balcony to head this blog. I try to get out there just after breakfast - the light is lovely, its sunny but not too hot, and the scent of the nemesias fills the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment