Saturday 3 August 2019

An August Thorn

August Thorn, Ennomos quercinaria
It's been a week of pain and being fairly housebound, apart from medical appointments, and guilt because of all the return visits that are piling up, and because of how urgently people need to hear Jehovah's warning.

Jesus likened these days - the time of his presence - to the days of Noah.

"Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.   For just as  the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be.  For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.:
Matthew 24:36-39

Then there was a medical panic when, having had my Diabetes blood test (routine) on Thursday, I got a call from the Clinic the next morning to say please could I come in and see the paramedic straight away, that very afternoon, as they had just got the results of my blood test.

Now, call this a woman's intuition if you will, but I did guess that it probably wasn't to tell me that they had the results and they were excellent and there was nothing to worry about. You usually have to wait a few weeks for that.

So...  anyway, when we got there the paramedic, a very nice young lad, told me that the blood test showed I had a serious infection. He began taking my pulse, temperature, etc, asking me questions about how I felt and looking rather puzzled.  I was puzzled too as I had assumed they were going to tell me that my blood sugar was all over the place.  Then it dawned on me.  "I am going through a bad arthritis flare up this week ."    "Ah!" he said "That will account for it."

There it was in my blood - the markers that indicated that my body was going through a struggle.

However, the point was that this was not supposed to be a blood test for inflammation but for blood sugar.  The Thursday nurse did tell me that the computer system was causing problems, and it seems to have switched tests on me.  And I now have to try again next week to get the diabetes one done.

On a doubleplusgood note, this wonderful moth, an August Thorn, appeared on our balcony, trapped in a spider web and was rescued by the gallant Captain Butterfly.

A wonderful little character.

So August has got off to a thorny start - mothwise for him and healthwise for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment