Monday 17 June 2019

Love Never Fails

I sent the Alfred Wallis Labrador card to Darren.  He kind of makes Labrador look like Cornwall, which I love, and after all they are both of a wild rocky coastline nature.

It was the meeting Thursday night, and I am glad to get back into my routine. Where would I be without this steady loving wise programme of teaching?   A sheep without a shepherd.

Jean and I plan to go out on Saturday - we will meet at the Hall as we begin to issue the invitations for the 2019 District Convention.

This year the theme is "LOVE NEVER FAILS"!

Jehovah, our Creator, IS love. And all the advice, all the teaching at the 3 day convention will be from Jehovah's inspired word, as He is the very source of love and wisdom.

The Conventions will be held worldwide - so I hope you will be getting your own invitations in time. Please do drop in.

Its now Sunday, and Jean and I had a lovely morning on Saturday delivering Invites. We we were allocated half of a road full of houses with such pretty front gardens. And every single time we found someone in, we go a very warm welcome, big smiles, and glad acceptance of the Invite!

It was wonderful - and I almost found myself wondering if Jehovah was giving Jean who is so frail now some extra encouragement.    One front garden was a wildflower meadow behind its hedge.  Perfect for insects.  I said to the friendly gentleman who opened the door and took an Invite that Chris Packham (of Springwatch, which has just finished) would say it was a "Top garden".

Jackie came for supper Saturday night - a fun evening as it always is with Jacks - and I managed a simalcrum of a roast chicken dinner, not quite up to my old standards, but definitely acceptable, and Jacks ate every scrap, which was encouraging.  Well, except for half a new potato.

I even managed roast potatoes but they were a little on the overcooked side.  They are the sort of thing that are never very satisfactory in restaurants as they need to be served the moment they are cooked - or overcooked in this case.

We have quite a busy time coming up - Dorothy next weekend, plus a little get together of the congregation family - the continuing Memorial invitation campaign, and goodness knows what in the way of medical stuff as my test results start to come in.

So as its now Monday, I really ought to get this blog done, dusted and posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment