Friday 28 June 2019

Heartbreak (and a Flare-up Right Shoulder)

Natural History Museum, London
Its the good shoulder too. I am in trouble and probably in for a night of pain.
When we set off for London this morning, on our annual trip to see the Wildlife Photography Exhibition at the Natural History Museum, my shoulder was hurting.  I took maximum pain relief and hoped for the best.  But I am now in a lot of pain.  And deeply upset by one of the photographs, of a sun-bear in Indonesia, begging for help from its cage - imploring.

The photographer reports that when the "Keeper" came along, the bear began to scream terribly. And she soon saw why.  That caged bear is, as far as I know, being tormented now.   It asked for help and none came.

This is a very very upsetting, heartbreaking link:
https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/wildlife-photographer-of-the-year-a-sun-bear-behind-bars.html

I am praying to Jehovah to help - and am going to try and write to the Indonesian Embassy.

I feel heartbroken and can't stop wondering about what the little bear is going through as I type.

The Exhibition was wonderful too.   And I realise that publicising these things is about all we can do.

How much, how desperately, all the earthly creation needs the loving rule of the Kingdom of God.

And Jean and me are supposed to be out telling others about the Kingdom tomorrow - but I have had to ring both her and Jacks to warn them that I may be out of action. At the moment I will not be able to get undressed and into my jim-jams without the Captain's help, so driving is out of the question.

Had a lovely day yesterday working with another sister - we were assigned a territory right by our flats, so she came back and had some lunch with me.   Veggie soup, of course, and coffee and choccie biccies.  Though I had my breakfast instead as I hadn't had time to eat it in the morning.

It is a very hot at the moment. Summer has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment