Saturday 18 July 2020

The Computer Plays Up

A bit of a failed morning.  My computer played up and would not let me in for about 3 hours - by which time, of course, I had missed the Saturday morning meeting - which included a discussion about the first session of the Convention we watched last Sunday.  I did consult my Resident Computer expert, busy with his metal detector in a field in Timbuctoo (or at any rate somewhere that meant he had to get up early and travel a long way).   On his advice I turned it off and on again a couple of times and finally, finally, it zimmered itself into life.

Poor old thing.  If its feeling its age, I know how it feels.

I hope it is going to behave tomorrow, as not only do we have a very interesting Watchtower study - all about the King of the North (from the Daniel prophecy), but then we are spending the rest of the morning attending the Friday afternoon session of the Convention on our various devicees.

While I was waiting for the thing to let me in, I turned the cauliflower into a curry, which I will probably then make into a soup; did a bit of studying, and watched a black and white movie from the 50s called "The Night of the Prowler" (Channel 81).  It was great - a kind of straightforward Agatha Christie mystery type thriller, with the violence, such as there was, off stage. And I watched the protagonists drive through London to various places with never a thought or worry about where they would park when they got there.  And I too can remember those days!   Yes, that is how old I am.

In fact I passed my driving test in London many eons ago.  I wouldn't even know how to begin driving there now. 

Thursday I got together with my siblings on Zoom - we moved it from Tuesday as we could not all make it on that day.  The youngest great-grandchild showed up briefly and said hello to her Gran.

And can those 4 wrinklies on the screen really be me and my siblings?


No comments:

Post a Comment