Sunday 21 June 2020

The Return of Chris and Megan and a FLARE-UP, left knee

Friday morning, 9 a.m. they returned. The Self Isolating Bird Club rides again. And with a distressing scene of predation too, as a baby bird is taken from its nest the very moment its mother flies off.  It is horror.  Yet we are trained by "the world" to think its normal - that horror is normal.

I think C and M will be back same time, next Friday.

And I need to record an arthritis FLARE-UP - started Thursday morning in left knee - very swollen, very painful - by the meeting in the evening I was in such pain that I almost felt I wanted to leave  - to escape the pain (!)   Fortunately I couldn't until Captain Superhero came through on his mighty butterfly wings to swoop down and get me out of my chair (where I was frozen with pain) and get me standing up.  I had scheduled this rescue for 9.45 when the meeting ended..  And I couldn't call for help in the interim as he was watching the telly.

So I was there right through the meeting. Thankfully.  We all need every drop of teaching from Jehovah we can get.  And the pain is inescapable anyway until it chooses to go, which it did overnight.  Why though can't we be allowed proper painkilling for the intense pain of arthritis flare-ups?  I find it hard to believe that doctors would not give themselves a proper dose of something if and when they were going through it.

My whole body shakes with the pain sometimes. And it goes on and on for hours.  So I am now very tired.

I did manage to finish my editing work on the SciFi novel for teens, which is good - good to have finished, and a good read.  I am continuing with Bob's Report - taking it in small doses, as it is very powerful stuff.

Lilian - exPlanetExpat - rang me up and we had a long chat. She and her sister are also being very very careful - not going out, having shopping delivered etc. 

In harmony with that, we had a gentle but firm talk from the Governing Body of The Watchtower on Saturday morning, after our Field Service Zoom meeting.  They reminded us of these three things:

1.  As we respect Jehovah, the Creator of life, we respect life.  We put a high value on life.  The Governing Body of the Watchtower Society closed the Kingdom Halls just ahead of the Government ban - and they remain closed.   Bearing in mind that there are economic arguments for a quick end to lockdown we were reminded of this:  "For wisdom is a protection just as money is a protection, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of its owner." - Ecclesiastes 7:12
The wise thing is to respect the Creator of life and the life he has created.

2.  We were reminded to obey the superior authorities.  God has allowed human rule on earth in the interim between our first parents tragic rejection of his rulership over us and the establishment of the heavenly government, the Kingdom of God.   Human governments, although imperfect, can be a great protection. Can we imagine anarchy?!   So let us obey them, obey their lockdown rules.  One of the cited Scriptures here was Romans 13:1,2.   Of course when they ask us to disobey God's law, God's law must come first.

3.  We were warned not to develop a casual attitude as the lockdown continues  Stay vigilant - do not lower our guard.  The two Scriptural references here were Proverbs 22:3; 14:15
Proverbs 22:3 says: "The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences."

We are being well cared for within Jehovah's congregations. And there is room for all, all who want to come and join us.

Our meeting this morning was so helpful.  And I had a chat with Bea of the North this afternoon.  But, depressingly, even 20 minutes holding the phone seems to have zapped my right arm. I hope I will not have to be reporting yet another FLARE-UP in my next blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment