Saturday 13 June 2020

A Tour of the British Museum

I spent Friday morning doing a tour of the British Museum with 25 of my siblings - via Zoom of course.  It was fascinating.  We know how accurate Bible prophecy is, but its amazing to see how many artefacts survive to confirm it.

I took some notes.  For example, our tour guide, a brother, started with these verses from Isaiah:
"Therefore look! Jehovah will bring against them The mighty and vast waters of the River, The king of As·syrʹi·a and all his glory. He will come up over all his streambeds And overflow all his banks  And sweep through Judah. He will flood and pass through, reaching to the neck; His outspread wings will fill the breadth of your land, O Im·manʹu·el!” - Isaiah 8:7,8

The brother asked why the word "neck".  Jehovah never wastes words, or uses them carelessly.

History shows how the Assyrian king swept through Judah, taking city after city, and penning the king  up, like a bird in a cage, in beseiged Jerusalem.  So the mighty Assyrian army has reached the neck, and is about to take the head - Jerusalem.  Only it doesn't.    The explanation of that prophecy confirmed by the stela - the stone tablets - in the museum sends chills down the spine.

Here is an interesting article in the Awake! magazine, which hopefully might spark your interest in doing a Bible tour of the museum yourself:
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101978443

The Captain and his trusty metal detector were out all day on Thursday - he had one good find, a very elderly silver sixpence that will appear on his blog in due time - but I still have not left the flat. I am probably too nervous about the outside world now.  Nothing to do with the Covid crisis - though I certainly would not wish to get it - its seems a strange and unfathomable sort of virus.  The Zoom world suits me well enough.

My passion for the poems of Stevie Smith continues, so here is one of her very very short ones.

It filled my heart with love
Stevie Smith

In his fur the animal rode, and in his fur he strove,
And oh it filled my heart my heart, it filled my heart with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment