Monday 21 May 2018

My Talk

This was the Brief for my talk last Thursday: Initial Call: (2 min. or less) Use the sample conversation.

The Sample Conversation includes Isaiah 46:10:  "From the beginning I foretell the outcome, And from long ago the things that have not yet been done. I say, ‘My decision will stand, And I will do whatever I please.’"

The Watchtower magazine which, in my talk, the householder (one of my sisters, doing a brilliant job) accepted from me, contains a series of articles showing how much of Bible prophecy has already been fulfilled in exact detail.  That gives us confidence that all of Jehovah's wonderful purposes towards the earth will be fulfilled.

You can read it on line if you wish. The article about the Arch of Titus in Rome is very interesting:
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no2-2018-may-jun/arch-of-titus-accurate-prophecy/


Jean and I went out on the field service on Friday and Saturday - we are trying to catch up on our return visits.   And Saturday was the day of our broadcast.   So Jean and did some more returns, then it was back to the Kingdom Hall for a cup of tea, a sandwich, and the monthly broadcast.

I must watch it again, as about halfway through there are some very interesting experiences from a brother who is on the legal team.

Jackie had invited us to supper.  Chicken a la Cooks - followed by a choc-ice and a cheeseboard.  A fun evening as it always is.  And last night the three of us went to see Heather Small at Worthing. She filled the Assembly Rooms, as usual - and there was dancing in the isles - though not by me.  My dancing days are over.

Tonight is the talk at the Arundel Wetland Trust. Bats.  However, it will probably not be the usual foursome. Terry is not well, and Jacks is not sure yet.  We are all getting older and...  well, it doesn't bear thinking about. And actually if we - the damaged children of disobedient Adam  - were not damaged and dying getting older would be completely wonderful.  And there is still a lot about that is wonderful.  I don't think I have ever been happier.

However, I often stop to wonder how I would be feeling now if I hadn't listened to Ruby and Wilhelmina when they called at my door, all those years, ago, with their Bibles and their Watchtower magazines. Thinking about that makes me appreciate the truth more and more  and feel more and more grateful that Jehovah sent his witnesses to my door. 

It was the royal wedding on Saturday - Harry and Meghan.  I saw a bit of it later on the news. The bride looked stunning - her dress classical (a wise choice, will always look good) - and they seem genuinely happy.  They could not have picked a better day.  May is a lovely month in England - my favourite month, along with September. 


No comments:

Post a Comment