Thursday 31 May 2018

A Lightning Strike!



On Monday afternoon - a hot Bank Holiday - I noticed that people were running from the beach and the Green.  It had suddenly begun to monsoon - torrents coming down - the balcony awash in minutes - all the BBQs on the Green extinguished. And one of our geraniums was swimming desperately in its pot which had turned into a lake.

The phone rang.  It was Captain Moth to tell me he was on his way home from the savage wilderness of Hampshire (another detectorist day).  As I picked up the phone, there was the loudest clap of thunder I have heard. I saw no lightning but there must have been a strike as on that instant my internet went down, and when the Captain came home he found he could not open his garage door.    And the next day we found that it had put all the lifts out!

The Internet engineer doesn't come till Thursday - when I hope to be able to publish this blog.  Monday was a Bank Holiday, which does not help.

Jacks rang as soon as I had put the phone down on the Captain to say how scary it all was.  It was a very violent storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment