Monday 26 March 2018

Violence

Thursday morning I had to stay in until the meds arrived - they have to be signed for and refrigerated.  But I did go out for an hour afterwards and re-activated an old call. Still can't find the lawyer I have been calling on at home, but must keep trying.  I want to invite him to the Memorial, and thought I might talk about the way the Hebrew Scriptures describe Jesus as "Shiloh" - he to whom it belongs - so you could say: the one who has the legal right.

There was a tragedy on The Green on Wednesday - loads of police cars and an air ambulance right outside our windows.  There had been some kind of fight and a man was badly hurt.

The "increasing of lawlessness" coming right to our doorstep.   I felt depressed anyway, my cold, my visit to Maggie, who is now down to about 4 words... and everything. But I know its mainly the aftermath of the cold as I am usually a happy person. The older I get the happier I get, so far. Though that is down to having begun to search for my Creator more than 30 years ago. If I hadn't...    And of course to Captain Butterfly.

We managed nearly 2 hours on the doors on Saturday catching up on our calls.   Quite a good morning though I was exhausted. Fell asleep after lunch.

Jacks came for supper - but I had kept it simple.  Two Thai dishes - beef and chicken - from Cooks - with rice and spring rolls.  Followed by cheesecake.

The clocks sprang forward, which made our Haysbridge 7.30 start even more early.  But Col gallantly chauffered me there and back, and spent the day metal detecting at a local farm.

The poor man who was taken away by air ambulance has died.   I don't know the circumstances, but there was a big police presence on the road, and two people are out on bail on manslaughter charges.

How much we - the damaged children of disobedient Adam - need the rescue - which, thank God, is so close now.

No comments:

Post a Comment