Wednesday 21 March 2018

The Memorial

Tuesday I finally got back out on the work with the valiant Jean. We are both very far behind with all our calls and return visits, so we did a little tour - 4 calls for me, 7 for Jean - delivering both the current magazines and the Memorial invitations.  It was very cold but we both felt better for having got out there.  I won't be out today though, apart from visiting Maggie.  I haven't been for 3 weeks I don't think as I did not want to take this awful cold into the Care Home - and in any case I didn't even feel able t drive for most of the time.

I posted a letter and invite to Aunt Jo.    And have been talking to Bea of the North via email - she also has The Cold.  Much tougher for her as she no longer has her partner. 

The Captain and I just about managed to keep each other going. He went down with it about a week after I did and we both slumped on the sofa wrapped in blankets for a couple of days not eating much when he suddenly said he could manage an omelette.   Which was great as he hadn't eaten at all really, not even the tea and toast I had been managing.  But making that omelette felt a bit like climbing Everest - without Sherpa support.   However, I was able to make it, and he ate it. 

I managed a short visit to Maggie today, via a trip to pick up my next medication. And I can't go out tomorrow morning as I have to wait in until my arthritis med has arrived. It has to be signed for, and refrigerated.

Still feel very tired, down and bleak about everything.   It will take time to come back up I think.

Maggie has so few words left now. 

It is the Memorial of Jesus' death on the 31st March.   I hope you will all be getting an invite. And attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment