Saturday 13 August 2011

A handy pile of chairs (not)

The pile of chairs turned out to be an Important Sculpture, and I was just stopped in time from demolishing it and sitting on one.  It was our trip to the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy again.  Bea and Jacks were with us this year.   It wasn't as packed as usual, I suppose because of the troubles in London.

Seeing this years Tracey Emins was very inspiring as they have given me an idea for an entry next year.  I am planning a roughly torn old bit of paper with "This is obviously just what the selection committee is looking for" scrawled on it, and I shall sign it "Tracey Emin (not)", and then all of you who choose to go to the Exhib next year will be able to admire my work.

No sitting on it please!

It was fun though, as it always is. And there were some lovely paintings and photographs.  See the Captain's Log for a couple of our favourites.

And there were two glowing vivid paintings by Stephen Chamber that made me want to buy a penthouse flat - overlooking the Thames - and decorate it round them.

Dan and Gabi left on Friday morning - wonderful they made it down and hopefully they will come again now they know where we are - and Tom, Jill and Jackie came for dinner last night.  I made chile beef with a selection of small small things, and we started with Lidl's smoked salmon on brown bread.  And finished with carrot cake and ice-cream.   Bea left this morning for Brighton, Col chauffering.  He took a packed lunch so I think he will be out there on the Downs for most of the day with his Captain Butterfly hat on.

Its strange now everybody has left. Its always melancholy saying goodbye to family.

I feel so tired I don't know what to do with myself, but don't have to do anything, beyond the washing and catching up with my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment