Tuesday 27 February 2024

The Foresight Saga - and Prophecy



THE FORESIGHT SAGA

by me

My darling baby

When you grow up

Your life will be wrecked

When your wife runs off

With an architect

You’ll marry again

That’s for sure

And have a daughter

You’ll just adore.


I wrote this years and years ago, for a competition. And it got into the anthology. Mind you, I think that every entry did, so I doubt it is a cause for boasting.

Now, I could foretell Soames Forstye's future as I had read The Forstye Saga, as could anyone who had read it. But if you do want to know what is going to happen next, you need to ask the Creator. Only Jehovah can tell us with accuracy. And he has done so in his inspired word - in both the Hebrew and the Christian Greek Scriptures (Old and New Testament).

In my faraway Convent schooldays, I had - we all had - an intensive religious education. But tragically we were not taught what the Bible actually says - in fact, often we were taught the reverse. And as far as I remember, we never even touched on Bible prophecy. Yet it is so important. Because, through his inspired word, Jehovah tells us:

From the beginning I foretell the outcome,

And from long ago the things that have not yet been done.

I say, ‘My decision will stand,

And I will do whatever I please.  - Isaiah 46:10


Jehovah can tell us what will happen next. And he alone can fulfill everything that he purposes. So he tells us what we need to know to get safely to the restored earthly paradise. For example we have the promise in the Book of Revelation that God will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".

Now surely it is no exaggeration to say that we are close to ruining this lovely planet? And are there really any human solutions to this, especially given how impossible we find it to work together in harmony?

This article in the online Guardian on Monday underlines the truth of the Biblical warning that "it does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step"

I am taking no sides in any of these awful conflicts - the current system of things on the earth works to divide and conquer, and sets brother against brother. Our Creator asks us to be no part of it. But how can any human government, even with the best will in the world, get us out of this tangled horrific web of conflicts and ruination that the article describes?

So do we have hope? Can we trust God's promises of true peace and security on the earth under the loving rule of the Kingdom of God? You can be very sure of it if you study Bible prophecy, and see how much of it has already been fulfilled. You can go to the site JW.org and put "prophecy" into the search engine, and find an immense amount of information. Very reassuring information too.

And I thought more spring flowers - snowdrops today, taken from Captain Butterfly's photo gallery - would be appropriate to head this blog, and so hopeful. Up they come each year, each one a little miracle.

In one of his poems, Dylan Thomas, speaks of "the force that through the green fuse drives the flower". That force is the spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, the Source and Sustainer of all life. The beauty and perfection of his work is all around us, even after 6,000 years of imperfection and human rulerships on the earth.

There is another factor too, which I hope to address in my next blog. Who is really pulling the strings, which ever government gets elected, or seizes power? These are not human hands by the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment