Sunday 30 April 2023

A Calm Heart

If, as Proverbs 14:30 says, "A calm heart gives life to the body", then the opposite must also be true.  And my heart has certainly not been calm this week - which may be the cause of this sudden blurring in my eyesight. Hopefully that traumatic Casualty visit ruled out any of the obvious serious causes.

The patient is very frail and mainly sleeping, which I guess is what his body needs if it is to do the healing work it has to do.  And it is amazing what the body can do, given a chance.  So its back to Psalm 139:14:

"I praise you because in an awe-inspiring way I am wonderfully made."

When see how our body performs the intricate process of healing say just a tiny cut on our finger, we should be awe-struck at the complexity of it. Some people say, I will believe in a Creator if he shows me a miracle.  Yet isn't he showing us miracles all the time?

And I need to keep that thought closely in mind, as we are promised God will "make all things new". And how much Captain Butterfly and I need brand new bodies!

Remember the miracles of healing Jesus did when he was on the earth?  Wasn't he showing us what he can and will do for us when God's Kingdom is ruling over us?



No comments:

Post a Comment