Saturday 13 August 2022

JAWS! (and Nutley Windmill)



This used to be the land of windmills - and there are still some survivors. This is a great photo Captain B took on their last SUSSAR training evening.  It was the evening they got their Award too - details of which will appear in his blog - linked to my blog via The Captain's Log.

https://www.sussar.org.uk/

They are all volunteers and they work hard - training and raising money.  And it is good to know they are appreciated.

The JAWS! in my blog heading refers to me - not because I have been out at sea attacking paddle boarders (even if I wanted to do such a thing my expensive new teeth would not be up to it) but because it was my six monthly dental check up and clean and polish on Wednesday.  And, to my relief, my dentist seemed quite pleased with my teeth - good shape, "minimal bleeding". Though I guess "no bleeding at all" would be something to aim for.  And he acknowledged that the only problem in my mouth - a cracked tooth - is "not your fault". It was a tooth much weakened by fillings. And I already have my appointment for a crown at the end of September.

I really want to put it off but its so hard to find a dentist now - and, IF there should be another lockdown, he won't be working anyway. So I probably have to get it done while I still can.

I also have my next check up and clean booked for 2023, so I am doing what I can.  Will I still be here in March 2023 though?  Will the Captain still be here (awful thought)?  But we are on borrowed time now and must look on every day as a bonus.

And, by the way, who is shortening these millenniums?  This one is fairly racing along.

I can understand now that The Thousand Years of the Book of Revelation, during which the whole earth will become the paradise of peace it was always meant to be, will go by so quickly.  It will be a very joyful time, but our real lives on the earth won't begin until the end of it.

I hope we are all there to find out what happens next.

And by the way, why do we sometimes say that the sea is "infested" with sharks?  It is their home after all, they have no other.  Where do we expect them to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment