Sunday 28 August 2022

Balcony Walkers

Captain Moth-Butterfly had a very busy week - and he was off again on Friday to help search for a lost locket.  It was an all-day search, but alas no locket found.

On the same morning, a workman suddenly appeared on the balcony. I thought Col was out there watering the plants - then the two remaining brain cells whirling round the large empty space inside my head must have collided and produced a thought, or two.

Thought 1:  There are no plants on the balcony, they are all indoors.

Thought 2:  Col is in the kitchen, flying the coffee machine.

Conclusion:  The workmen are back.

Action:   Draw the curtains - gives both parties a bit of privacy.

I drove myself to the Hall for the Thursday night meeting.  I still haven't braved any return visits though. Not that I have many, if any. It is Jean's I am worrying about. She had long-standing calls, some of whom always asked us in for tea and a chat. One lady has kept in touch with me all through the Lockdown and when I get my car back this week, I really must go and see her. She is very hospitable. A nice lady. But, as far as I can see, she has no interest in what we are trying to tell her.

So it will be social call I think. She is lonely since her husband of many years died and lockdown has been hard on her. I don't know how it would have been for me if I had been on my own.  The Captain is very good company and we can always make each other laugh.

I had planned to go to the Hall on Sunday morning but felt so strange and dizzy that I did not even dare have a shower.  Whether this is another step down in the manifestations of old age, or I am getting something I do not know.  I am hoping that if I do get Covid all the vaccinations I have had will kick in and keep it from being too serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment